Youth Employment Network is a career and job search program for unemployed 16 to 30 years old clients. The Program offers an 8 weeks interactive needs/skills assessment, motivational job readiness preparation sessions and one-on-one career planning/counseling, work experience, job placement and coordinated support system.
Training Allowance maybe provided during the workshop
OUR PROGRAM AND PROFESSIONAL SERVICES ARE FREE!
Duration: 1 Week
Group and one-on-one sessions:
- Overview of the program
- Identify needs, aptitude and skills
- Personal suitability or preferences
Program applicants MUST meet all YEN program requirements and criteria including passing pre-selection interview to qualify as program participants.
Interventions and Workshops
Duration: 4 Weeks
Referral to appropriate client service organizations for interventions.
For participants who are "job ready":
- Identifications of marketable skills and personal suitability
- Recognition of transferable skills
- Identification of employment barriers
- Development of strategies and action plans to overcome barriers
- Resumé and cover letters
- Job interview techniques and tips
- The challenges of job prospecting
- Understanding and accessing labour market information
- Basic computer courses with certificate
- Social Networking and Email Etiquette
- First Aid/ AED Level C CPR certificate
- Financial Management
Job Prospecting and Placement Assistance
Duration: 4 Weeks
- Access to job leads, employment postings, company profiles, job/career-related resources
- On-line application
- Guidance for pre- and post-job interviews
- Encouraging youth-helping-youth mentorship
- Work experience/job placement assistance
- Individualized consultation and employment counselling
- Supportive personal and employment network
Work Experience Placement
Duration: up to 12 Weeks
Up to 12-week paid Work Experience Program allowing the participant to demonstrate skills and abilities to an employer while receiving an income.
Follow-up Activities and Job Maintenance Assistance
Duration: 3 Months
- Assistance and support in handling the challenges of a workplace environment, new job responsibilities and standard labour practices.
- Individualized assistance for any employment-related difficulties, issues and situations.